14.3.09

Now, I am already for one month in Łódź. Since February changed a lot. Until yesterday I could say one of the most obviously changing happened with the wether: Spring arrived and the masses on snow disappeared. Unfortunately today morning it started to snow very heavily, so that again all the landscape is painted in white.

However, I made in the last weeks several experiences in teaching. In one class I am a substitue for a teacher who is ill, so that I had to teach alone in this class: 180 minutes with 15 minutes break. That is really a long time and it even takes much more time to prepare it. But I mastered it somehow already the last three weeks. All in all it is fun and the students seem to like me. Next week it will be probably my last class with them, because then their acutal teacher is coming back.
But together with an other practicant, with whom I also share my room, and two other teachers, we offer an extra lesson, where students can drop by, if they have problems with grammar, want to talk with native speakers or just want to make excercises. However until know only two students find their way to this class.I hope it will become more students soon, because it is quite boring to spending 1 ½ hours around without doing anything.
All in all I like the work very much and slowly I get closer contact to the students as some of them already start to talk with me classes and not only start to giggling and/ or run away.

But of course I am also myself student. Twice a week I visit a Polish course. For some reasons I am not really understand I am in the course for advanced learners. Well, sure my poor knowledge of Slovakian language helps me to understand texts, but I almost understand nothing when the teacher talks and of course I can’t talk as I only know a few Polish words. On the other hand the course is a challenge and helps me to understand the students in the German courses, who have similar problems with German
In daily life, however, I make progress in understanding the people and slowly start to express myself. So shopping becomes much more easy now that I can say what I would like to buy.

Yesterday I was the first time at a so famous Polish party. It was very funny, as we couldn’t decide what language we should choose: Polish, English or German. But somehowr we understood each other. As Wódka is Polish national drink, we drank it a lot and so I had to leave the Party quite early. It took place in another floor of our dormitory so that the way back home wasn’t so bad. Problem only was that my room-mate still joined the party so that I couldn’t lock the door. And well, while I was sleeping very deeply and the roommate was away, thieves must have come in the room and stole – and that is very strange – only our food. Money, computer and so on was still there. On the one hand it was very weird on the other hand sad, because it reminded me, that it isn’t here safe and I must be much more careful.
However, the party showed once again how friendly Polish people are and it is so nice to see, how they all try to speak at least some words in German. In return I tried to speak Polish and the later the evening became, I felt, the more successfully I became.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Are you sure it wasn't your drunk room mate that came in and ate all of your food?!!? I'm glad they didn't take your computer! Kirjotan sulle Vkontaktessa nyt...

Nate